I have prototyped all of the required attributes and operations of the IPP Scan specification. My prototype had the following limitations:
1) Output spooling implementation
2) Destination URI Schemes: http, ipp, mailto
3) Default values used on Job Template attributes
4) Client immediately pulled single http chunked encoded scan document
The issues found:
1) No mechanism to pass through print production instructions (i.e. template controls document construction) making "remote copy" capabilities rather limited.
2) As mentioned on the mail list http assumed to be Put method. Limits applicability of protocol in uses such as document workflow on ramps with specific submission requirements.
3) Just as with PrintUri destination access credentials are outside the scope of the specification. (i.e. it is assumed that the MFD already has permission to store the documents at the destination)
4) "destination-uris" is inadequately defined for Scan use. I just included the "destination-uri" and "number-of-retries" attributes.
a. Section8.2 note 1 is missing
b. Rework of this attribute could resolve all these issues
Xerox Research Center Webster
Email: Peter.Zehler at Xerox.com<mailto:Peter.Zehler at Xerox.com>
Office: +1 (585) 265-8755
Mobile: +1 (585) 329-9508
FAX: +1 (585) 265-7441
US Mail: Peter Zehler
800 Phillips Rd.
Webster NY, 14580-9701
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...