[IPP] Link to Printer MIB to CIM object ranking spreadsheet from 2006

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 18:30:15 UTC 2014

Hi Smith,

For input to updates to "printer-input-tray", "printer-output-tray", etc.

Although dated (8 years ago), this spreadsheet was a half-dozen PWG
MIB experts ranking the importance of mapping each object in Printer
MIB to the equivalent DMTF CIM Print classes:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/cim/PrinterMibObjectsToAdd_conclusions_20060921_F.xls

BTW - Rick Landau (retired from Dell) and I wrote the actual DMTF
CIM Print classes, even updating them to add the Imaging Counters
as well, over several years.

More recent printers often have improved their implementation, but the
importance ranking still looks meaningful to me.

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
mailto: blueroofmusic at gmail.com