[IPP] "job-password-encryption-supported" - PWG specifications mandating support for specific keywords?

Kennedy, Smith (Wireless Architect) smith.kennedy at hp.com
Wed Jun 25 11:43:33 UTC 2014

Greetings,

I was looking at the “job-password-encryption-supported” attribute definition in 5100.11 and also looking at 5100.14 (IPP Everywhere) to see if there was some normative language requiring support for specific keywords.  But I couldn’t seem to find anywhere that mandates specific keyword support if the attribute is implemented.  IPP Everywhere just says this in section 9.3:
> Printers that support the Print to a Recipient use case (section 3.2.2.8) MUST support:
>
> The"job-password-supported"and"job-password-encryption-supported"Printer Description attributes as defined in section 5.3, and
>
> The"job-password"and"job-password-encryption"Operationattributesas defined in section 5.4.

The referenced sections don’t call out keyword values.  So is there nowhere that says basically ‘if you support “job-password-encryption-supported” you MUST support the following keywords’?

Thanks for any help,

Smith

/**
    Smith Kennedy