[IPP] Document Encryption design notions - some initial thoughts

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 15:40:09 UTC 2015

Hi Smith,

Extending "document-format-details" is the preferable approach.  Note that
the JDF to PJT mapping spec has a considerable amount of detail already
mapped to this single IPP collection attribute.  More could be mapped in
future versions of JDF and PJT/Semantic Model.

If you use an exotic MIME type, it will simply be ignored by most MIME
parsers
(and may be "squashed" in transit).  I don't think generic MIME libraries
are a
good place to depend on for your desired functionality.

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
mailto: blueroofmusic at gmail.com