[IPP] PWG 5100.19 (IPP Implementor's Guide v2): Incorrect "job-constraints-supported" example in section 5.9?

Kennedy, Smith (Wireless Architect) smith.kennedy at hp.com
Sun May 29 13:02:45 UTC 2016

Hi there,

I was working on resolving the finishings limitations using "job-constraints-supported" and "job-resolvers-supported", and was referring to the example I had put in the IPP Implementor's Guide v2 section 5.9 and to the definition of "job-constraints-supported" in 5100.13, and had some questions.

The example is this:

job-constraints-supported=
{
  resolver-name=“A”
  sides=
  {
    "two-sided-long-edge"
    "two-sided-short-edge"
  }
  media-col=
  {
    media-type="transparency"
  }
}

job-resolvers-supported=
{
  resolver-name=“A”
  sides="one-sided"
  media-col=
  {
    media-type="stationery"
  }
}

The part of this example that seems odd, if it is correct, is that "sides" is defined to be "type2 keyword" but the representation above makes it look like a collection.  So either the definition of "job-constraints-supported" needs to be clarified, or we need an errata fix to this example, to look like so:

job-constraints-supported=
{
  resolver-name=“A”
  sides="two-sided-short-edge"
  media-col=
  {
    media-type="transparency"
  }
}

job-constraints-supported=
{
  resolver-name=“A”
  sides="two-sided-long-edge"
  media-col=
  {
    media-type="transparency"
  }
}

job-resolvers-supported=
{
  resolver-name=“A”
  sides="one-sided"
  media-col=
  {
    media-type="stationery"
  }
}

Thoughts?

Smith

/**
    Smith Kennedy
    Wireless Architect - Client Software - IPG-PPS
    Standards - IEEE ISTO PWG / Bluetooth SIG / Wi-Fi Alliance / NFC Forum / USB IF
    PWG Chair
    HP Inc.
*/