[IPP] PDF Raster and IPP Scan

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 20:54:33 UTC 2017

Hi,

Two cents - Till has been wanting to do GSoC projects for a couple of years
to replace the not very secure, not very capable Network TWAIN protocol
with IPP Scan (possibly preserving the apparent TWAIN local interfaces).
He's been waiting for a few MFPs that support IPP Scan to begin prototyping.

I agree w/ Mike - PDF Raster is just another conforming subset of PDF.  IPP
Scan doesn't need any update to support it.

Note that PWG PDF/is was co-written by Adobe folks.

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
mailto: blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Jan-April: 579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176  734-944-0094
May-Dec: PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839  906-494-2434