[IPP] Fwd: Zstd compression (FYI)

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 13:49:23 UTC 2017

Hi Mike,

Zstandard has provoked a lively discussion on IETF lists.  Noteworthy
comments included Harald Alvestrand objecting strongly to the use of
"standard" in the name (he's gotten lots of support for this comment)
and several cryptographers questioning why it's worthwhile, given that
it uses existing crypto primitives and it currently lacks good treatment
of the security considerations.

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
mailto: blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Jan-April: 579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176  734-944-0094
May-Dec: PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839  906-494-2434