Part of the PWG's partnership with Linux OpenPrinting includes the PWG providing them with a set of possible project ideas they might adopt in part or in whole for implementation during their Google Summer of Code (GSoC) projects. Here are some ideas from Linux OpenPrinting and from the PWG for their 2018 GSoC projects.
• Enhancements for ipptool: Write additional ipptool scripts for coverage of operations and attributes that are required by IPP Everywhere, but not yet tested in IPP Everywhere Self-Certification process - also new scripts for other IPP specs (e.g., IPP Shared Infrastructure) for developers (from Ira).
• Support for IPP System Services (replacement of printer's proprietary web admin interface by GUI in printer setup tool). Will need Mike Sweet to complete his prototype implementation in ippserver.
• PWG Raster "lint" program (Issue #29 in ippsample project)
• Enhance "ippserver" to support the full range of IPP data types (especially complex data types like (1setOf (textWithLanguage)) and handling the strings being wrapped in single / double quotes, etc.
• IPP Scan (or virtual MF device) server: Computer has scanner (and printer) connected, scans the normal way via SANE. For accepting remote scan jobs computer emulates a driverless IPP scanner.
• SANE module for IPP Scan Servce driverless scanning (mainly for multifunction printers).
Any comments on these or recommendations for other projects relating to IPP or PWG tools or tests would be appreciated! We will make our recommendations to Linux OpenPrinting on January 3, 2018. Feel free to reply to this message on the reflector or reach out privately to me if you prefer.
Wireless & Standards Architect - IPG-PPS
Standards - IEEE ISTO PWG / Bluetooth SIG / Wi-Fi Alliance / NFC Forum / USB-IF
Chair, IEEE ISTO Printer Working Group
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 4241 bytes
Desc: not available