[IPP] What to remove from latest JPS2v2 draft to create first draft of "IPP Enterprise Printing Extensions"?

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Wed Mar 6 18:44:19 UTC 2019

Smith,

> On Mar 6, 2019, at 1:20 PM, Kennedy, Smith (Wireless & Standards Architect) <smith.kennedy at hp.com> wrote:
> Kept:
> job-password
> job-password-encryption
> proof-print/-default/-supported
> Additional keywords for "which-jobs" ('proof-print' and 'stored' defined locally, 'saved' to be deprecated)

OK, so I'll define the standard which-jobs values in Job Extensions, and you'll define the new ones for EPE?

> I have a few questions too:
>
> Questions:
> job-cancel-after/-default/-supported --> Job Extensions v1.1? If not, why not?

More advanced job management seems more enterprise-y to me, but I'm good either way.

> job-delay-ouptut-until/-default/-supported --> Job Extensions v1.1? If not, why not?
> job-delay-output-until-time/-supported --> Job Extensions v1.1? If not, why not?

Likewise, these seem like an enterprise job scheduling feature.

> job-phone-number/-default/-supported --> Job Extensions v1.1? Separate registration? (Use case is ambiguous...)
> job-recipient-name/-default/-supported --> Job Extensions v1.1? Separate registration? (Use case is ambiguous...)

Recipient/contact information for the job seems like an enterprise or light-production use case.

> job-retain-until/-default/-supported --> Job Extensions v1.1? If not, why not?
> job-retain-until-time/-default/-supported --> Job Extensions v1.1? If not, why not?

I believe these were intended to resolve the ambiguity with how long a proof print/stored job is retained.  Also, I don't think we want a job-retain-until-time-default, since the value is an absolute dateTime value (unless we make -time an integer and add a -date version for dateTime?)