[IPP] Updated IPP Job Extensions v2.0 draft posted

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Fri Mar 15 15:26:45 UTC 2019

All,

I have posted an updated prototype draft of the IPP Job Extensions v2.0 (JOBEXT) specification to:

	https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippjobext20-20190315.docx
	https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippjobext20-20190315.pdf
	https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippjobext20-20190315-rev.pdf

This bumps the version to 2.0 so this update is no longer an errata but a full revision. Conformance changes are (NC-JPS2 means no change from JPS2):

- REQUIRED job-ids operation attribute (NC-JPS2)
- REQUIRED job-mandatory-attributes operation attribute (was OPTIONAL)
- REQUIRED Cancel-Jobs, Cancel-My-Jobs, and Close-Job operations (NC-JPS2)
- RECOMMENDED Resubmit-Job operation (was REQUIRED - see comment in document)
- RECOMMENDED errors-count and warnings-count Job/Document Status attributes (was OPTIONAL)
- RECOMMENDED print-content-optimize-actual Job/Document Status attribute (was OPTIONAL, see below)
- RECOMMENDED job-cancel-after Job Template attribute (new)
- RECOMMENDED job-delay-output-until-xxx Job Template attributes (was OPTIONAL)
- RECOMMENDED job-hold-until-time Job Template attribute (was OPTIONAL)
- RECOMMENDED job-retain-until-xxx Job Template attributes (new)
- CONDITIONALLY REQUIRED xxx-default and xxx-supported Printer Description attributes for all of the RECOMMENDED Job Template attributes (was OPTIONAL/unspecified)
- CONDITIONALLY REQUIRED document-charset-xxx and document-natural-language-xxx Printer Description attributes for the corresponding operation attributes (was OPTIONAL/unspecified)
- REQUIRED job-creation-attributes-supported Printer Description attribute (was OPTIONAL)
- REQUIRED job-history-attributes-xxx and job-history-interval-xxx Printer Description attributes (new)
- REQUIRED job-ids-supported Printer Description attribute (NC-JPS2)
- REQUIRED job-mandatory-attributes-supported Printer Description attribute (new)
- REQUIRED job-spooling-supported Printer Description attribute (was OPTIONAL)
- REQUIRED media-col-database Printer Description attribute (was OPTIONAL)
- REQUIRED which-jobs-supported Printer Description attribute (NC-JPS2)

WRT "print-content-optimize", I know we currently have it REQUIRED in IPP Everywhere, however I am not aware of any Client software that uses it.  Something to talk about for IPP Everywhere 1.1, then we can sync up the conformance between the two documents.