[IPP] Updated draft of "IPP Print Quality Customization Extensions" posted

Kennedy, Smith (Wireless & Standards Architect) smith.kennedy at hp.com
Tue Apr 23 21:08:50 UTC 2019

Greetings,

I've posted an updated draft of "IPP Print Quality Customization Extensions" (was previously entitled "IPP Custom Print Quality and Intent Extensions"). It is here:

   https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/white-hp-ipp-custompqi-20190423.docx <https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/white-hp-ipp-custompqi-20190423.docx>
   https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/white-hp-ipp-custompqi-20190423.pdf <https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/white-hp-ipp-custompqi-20190423.pdf>
   https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/white-hp-ipp-custompqi-20190423-rev.docx <https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/white-hp-ipp-custompqi-20190423-rev.docx>
   https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/white-hp-ipp-custompqi-20190423-rev.pdf <https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/white-hp-ipp-custompqi-20190423-rev.pdf>

This draft is in response to Mike Sweet's feedback at its initial posting. I've moved the "Message Catalog Tooltips" into its own registration document (posted and announced earlier), removed some unnecessary stuff, and cleaned up a few things. Hopefully it is now in a state when we can have a discussion about its merits, etc. It might be that some of the solutions for the features from Canon's slide set at the F2F last week could find their way into this as well, since some of those seem to be in a related space. We can discuss further when we do a review.

Cheers,

Smith

/**
    Smith Kennedy
    Wireless & Standards Architect - IPG-PPS
    Standards - IEEE ISTO PWG / Bluetooth SIG / Wi-Fi Alliance / NFC Forum / USB-IF
    Chair, IEEE ISTO Printer Working Group
    HP Inc.
*/