[IPP] Canon request for client's job submission date and time

Michael Sweet msweet at msweet.org
Thu Feb 20 01:43:21 UTC 2020

Rick,

What is the use case for this request?  With IPPS basically being implemented by all current IPP printers, both the Client and Printer clocks will need to be fairly close in order for the TLS negotiation to work. So that leaves knowing the timezone for some reason, which for all of thew implementations I've worked with should be irrelevant - CUPS, for example, converts dateTime values to UTC seconds which get mapped to whatever the local timezone is.