[IPP] RFC: Registration Template for printer-firmware-xxx attributes

Michael Sweet msweet at msweet.org
Tue May 26 21:19:00 UTC 2020

OK, they are back up on the PWG page, and I'll include them in the next IANA drop (with the System Discovery registration).

> On May 26, 2020, at 4:54 PM, Michael Sweet via ipp <ipp at pwg.org> wrote:
>
> Hmm, I'll see where they disappeared to...
>

>> On May 26, 2020, at 4:53 PM, Kennedy, Smith (Wireless & IPP Standards) <smith.kennedy at hp.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Mike,
>>
>> I'm not finding these in the IANA registry. Did these ever get published?
>>
>> Smith
>>
>> /**
>>    Smith Kennedy
>>    HP Inc.
>> */
>>
>>> On Jul 24, 2019, at 2:54 PM, Michael Sweet via ipp <ipp at pwg.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> All,
>>>
>>> AirPrint has long defined several Printer Status attributes providing the current firmware names, patches, and versions associated with a Printer. These are based on the corresponding PWG Hardcopy Device Health Assessment Attributes [PWG5110.1] and require that each of these attributes have the same cardinality (number of values), for example:
>>>
>>> printer-firmware-name = 'IPP Server','PDF Interpreter'
>>> printer-firmware-string-version = '4.2', '2.0r6'
>>> printer-firmware-patches = '',''
>>> printer-firmware-version = <0402>,<020006>
>>>
>>> Apple would like to officially register these in the IANA IPP Registry. The template is as follows:
>>>
>>> Printer Status attributes: Reference
>>> printer-firmware-name (1setOf name(MAX)) [APPLE20190724]
>>> printer-firmware-patches (1setOf text(MAX)) [APPLE20190724]
>>> printer-firmware-string-version (1setOf text(MAX)) [APPLE20190724]