[IPP] Oauth for IPP System Service

Kennedy, Smith (Wireless & IPP Standards) smith.kennedy at hp.com
Fri Oct 9 17:08:47 UTC 2020

Hi Piotr,

> On Oct 9, 2020, at 10:48 AM, Piotr Pawliczek <pawliczek at chromium.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Smith,
>
> Thank you very much for your help!
> BTW, have you considered using an HTTP response header (see https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6750#section-3 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6750#section-3>) to communicate "server-uri" and "scope" to the client?
> In this case, we would not have to expose Get-System-Attributes and Get-Printer-Attributes to everyone.

(I've attached a PDF rendering of the PlantUML sequence diagram used to produce figure 4.6 "Sequence diagram for the 'oauth' IPP Authentication Method" from page 19 of 5199.10 to this reply.)

Hmmm, so you are suggesting that the response in edge 11 could provide the same values that are provided via the IPP "oauth-authorization-server-uri" and "oauth-authorization-scope" Printer Description attributes mentioned in the label for edge 13?

Feel free to mark up that PDF and reply to help illustrate what you are trying to suggest if I'm off the mark.