[IPP] References to hashing algorithms in definition of "job-password-encryption"?

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 16:31:42 UTC 2020

Hi Smith,

I'm working on the IETF RFC references and checking the US NIST references
for the hash algorithms in Table 10 of EPX.

I downloaded the MS Word source "wd-ippepx20-20201029.docx" just now.  My
copy of MS Word 2019 cannot open it - says it contains "unreadable" content
and
suggests a recovery attempt - I didn't try it.

OTOH, the MS Word source "wd-ippepx20-20201029-rev.docx" does open OK
without warnings.

I'm not sure what version of MS Word you're using or what OS platform.  But
the
source of the eventual published version needs to be stable and readable for
future maintenance.

More later on the hash algorithm references.

*Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)*

*Chair - SAE Trust Anchors and Authentication TF*
*Co-Chair - TCG Trusted Mobility Solutions WG*

*Co-Chair - TCG Metadata Access Protocol SG*

*Chair - Linux Foundation Open Printing WGSecretary - IEEE-ISTO Printer
Working GroupCo-Chair - IEEE-ISTO PWG Internet Printing Protocol WGIETF
Designated Expert - IPP & Printer MIBBlue Roof Music / High North
Inchttp://sites.google.com/site/blueroofmusic
<http://sites.google.com/site/blueroofmusic>http://sites.google.com/site/highnorthinc
<http://sites.google.com/site/highnorthinc>mailto: blueroofmusic at gmail.com
<blueroofmusic at gmail.com>(permanent) PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839