[IPP] TIC has reviewed IPP Enterprise Printing Extensions v2.0 (EPX) and has comments

wamwagner at comcast.net wamwagner at comcast.net
Mon Jan 22 18:49:41 UTC 2024

Many thanks for the time and effort. These are minor editorial comments that I should have made earlier.

  1.  Para 3.2.7 - 3.2.8   In the references to Figures 1, 2 , 3 and 4, the spec reads similar to "Ed's experience and the underlying IPP interaction is illustrated in the sequence diagram in Figure 4."  One option is to change "is" to "are" for grammer. An alternative wording might be "The IPP interaction underlying Ed's experience is illustrated in the sequence diagram in Figure ..."

  2.  Para 4.1 . "By convention, the Get-Printer-Attributes is expected to never challenge the Client for authentication."  I suggest the Get-Printer-Attributes operation..."

  3.  Para 6.2.3   I suggest "This attribute MAY be used with the "job-password" attribute (section 6.1.1). However, this could prevent the initial copies or the "job-release-action” attribute (section 6.1.3) to create a Release Job that is also a Proof Job." Or separate with a semicolin. I also find it confusing... how could initial copies prevent creation of a Release Job that is also a Proof Job.?

  4.  Para 6.4.18 - Unexpected font change.

  5.  Table 18. In two places "Used in cases of fan-out [STD92], might not cause a Job to be aborted vs. conflicts detected at submission time that prevent Job Creation." Might be confusing. Perhaps "Although  certain conflicts detected at submission time prevent Job Creation, those reported in cases of fan-out [STD92] might not cause a Job to be aborted."

Thanks,
 Bill Wagner