[IPP] Question on PWGRaster

Michael Sweet msweet at msweet.org
Sat Mar 9 13:44:25 UTC 2024

Hi,

> On Mar 7, 2024, at 3:46 PM, John Madden via ipp <ipp at pwg.org> wrote:
>
> Was hoping someone could answer the question I have regarding how Microsoft converts office doc and docx formats (along with others) so they can print

Basically, Windows applications usually print using the standard drawing APIs using a special graphics context that stores an intermediate format that can be converted to a supported printer format - PWG Raster, PDF, XPS, etc.

> on IPP/Mopria printers. It appears there is a PWGRRenderFilter.dll in the dependent files list of their IPP Class driver now in use. My assumption is that this
>
> filter converts doc formats to pwg-raster format for print on IPP printers.

The filter is converting the intermediate format, not the original .docx files.