Hi Pete, Wednesday (15 July 2009)
Here are my comments on 10 July SM/2.0 schema:
(1) I like the generalization of Printer[Status/Description] elements
reflected in PwgDeprecated.xsd
- I agree with Bill that there may yet be more to generalize
- Note this boils down to applying IPP to MFD services - Good Thing
(2) I like the rework of System
(3) I like the rework of NaturalLanguage and Charset
- IETF just approved RFC 4646bis, so a new RFC reference this fall
(4) In SubunitStates please capitalize (for consistency):
coverOpen/Closed, interlockOpen/Closed, and other
(5) In SubunitStatus type definition and numerous other places in schema
- SPY has jumbled XML comments randomly out-of-line
(6) StorageDataEncryption should be StorageDataEncryptionIsEnabled,
since it's a boolean not an enum (w/ default to false)
- see lines 59 to 65 in Subunits.xsd
(7) MediaPathStatus should include SheetsCompleted like
ScanMediaPathStatus (though the property's not in Printer MIB)
- What are the semantics?
- Are these Lifetime or PowerOn counters?
(8) FinisherSupply (from Finisher MIB) and
MarkerSupply (from Printer MIB) should probably be combined into
- in recent MIB walks, many manufacturers list FinisherSupply stuff
in prtMarkerSuppliesTable (where types like 'staple' are defined)
- the advantage of using the common table (among others) is that
Finisher supplies show up in HP WJA and other fleet mgmt tools
(9) I like the current ImagingJob and ImagingJobTicket classes
Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)
Chair - Linux Foundation Open Printing WG
Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
email: blueroofmusic at gmail.com
579 Park Place Saline, MI 48176
PO Box 221 Grand Marais, MI 49839
On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 2:13 PM, Zehler, Peter<Peter.Zehler at xerox.com> wrote:
> I updated the MFD site with the schema version I last sent to you.
>> Peter Zehler
>> Xerox Research Center Webster
> Email: Peter.Zehler at Xerox.com> Voice: (585) 265-8755
> FAX: (585) 265-7441
> US Mail: Peter Zehler
> Xerox Corp.
> 800 Phillips Rd.
> M/S 128-25E
> Webster NY, 14580-9701
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.