[MFD] Help on Template Reference

Zehler, Peter Peter.Zehler at xerox.com
Tue Jan 10 18:36:30 UTC 2012

The "TemplateXXX" elements are Job Description elements that give information about a template that was used to create a Job.  In the PrintJobTicket specification "TemplateType" is limited to 'PrintJob'.  The PWG Semantic model permits other types of templates (i.e., values for every service in both a Job and Document flavor).  One of the places from which a template could be available is a Resource Service.  The "ResourceCategory" would be 'Template' and the "ResourceType" would be one of the values from "TemplateTypeWKV".  Note that that "ResourceType" is a superset of "TemplateType" since resources can be things other than Templates.

The correct TemplateXXX references are:

TemplateCreatorUserName    [PWG5108.2] §8.1.3.2.12

TemplateId                              [PWG5108.2] §8.1.3.2.13

TemplateInfo                          [PWG5108.2] §8.1.3.2.14

TemplateName                        [PWG5108.2] §8.1.3.2.15

TemplateType                         [PWG5108.2] §8.1.3.2.16

Peter Zehler

Xerox Research Center Webster
Email: Peter.Zehler at Xerox.com
Voice: (585) 265-8755