[MFD] Does any one know the values for '1'

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Mon Jan 16 17:58:39 UTC 2012

[The ipp or pmp lists are probably a better place for this discussion...]

Glen,

On Jan 16, 2012, at 9:35 AM, Petrie, Glen wrote:
> All,
>
> Does anyone know?
>
> According to rfc2911, enum’s have the range of 1 to 2**31 -1.  There is note that (see paragraph below) that value of ‘2’ is used for unknown.   Is the value of ‘1’ also used or have a corresponding/existing IPP (or other) value.

In SNMP, 1 is "other", 2 is "unknown".

In IPP, "other" often maps to no-value unless a specific enum value (>=1) is defined.

The only IPP enum attribute that has been defined to use a value of 1 is job-collation-type in RFC 3381, but there is an errata (that I filed :) correcting that usage since out-of-band values should be used instead.

believed to be clean.