Here is an update on the tasks (as of 3/15/2013).
On 2/25/2013, we captured a list of items that need to be done within the SM WG. Items 8,9,10 were added on 2/27.
1. Reduced (optimal) element set for Print Job Ticket - Glen Petrie worked on this document and submitted it to WG. Update: (from Bill Wagner) This has been addressed in the Cloud WG, although the way in which it may be used was not agreed to.
2. JSON binding that reflects the optimal element set for PJT - Pete indicated that samples (examples in XML and JSON) exist in the present Print Ticket standard - PJT. These samples may not comprise the fully optimal set noted in item 1 above.
3. Simplified scan and resource job tickets and capabilities spec to correspond to Google Job Ticket Specification. Update: (from Bill Wagner) Michael Sweet's action item to send this to Google, as discussed in the Cloud WG.
4. Scan Service 2.0 - The Scan Service Spec 1.0 was completed in the MFD WG, before the Semantic Model was created. Hence some work on co-relating Scan Service 1.0 more to the common model is needed. Also, co-relating to things discovered during the binding work on IPP Scan when IPP WG does the IPP Scan work. Note that since Google is pushing towards Cloud Scan either (Cloud Scan Job Ticket + Capabilities) or an (Imaging Job Ticket + Capabilities) should be part of the WG. Action Item: Daniel to check with Nancy on version 1.0. - done. Update: The Scan Service 2.0 Spec can be easily aligned with the MFD Common SM Spec. Of higher priority is the IPP Scan Spec which does not use any model element names from the Scan Service Spec. It is better to rewrite IPP Scan Spec to be aligned with the MFD Scan Service Spec. (comment from Bill Wagner) - The Scan Service 1.0 was completed not before the Semantic Model was created as noted above, but before the Model and Common Semantics Specification was Approved.
5. Resource Service 2.0 - The Resource Service Spec 1.0 was completed in the MFD WG, before the Semantic Model was created. Hence some work on co-relating Resource Service 1.0 more to the common model is needed. Security on the Resources in a Cloud and Enterprise Environment must be considered. Note that since Google is pushing towards Cloud Resource either (Cloud Resource Job Ticket + Capabilities) should be part of the WG. - Action Item: Daniel to check with Nancy on version 1.0 - done. Update: The Resource Service 2.0 Spec can be easily aligned with the MFD Common SM Spec. (comment from Bill Wagner) - The Scan Service 1.0 was completed not before the Semantic Model was created as noted above, but before the Model and Common Semantics Specification was Approved.
6. Print Service 2.0 - (Get a good clean draft of the Print Service Spec 2.0; then update the Common Semantic Model; then get both approved) - No one yet had agreed to work on the Print Service 2.0 draft. Bill Wagner has volunteered to update the Common Semantic Model.
7. Fax In Service - Ira McDonald to work on the draft. It is still outstanding. - Update: Action Item: Daniel to touch base with Ira about when he will present the draft.
8. Transform Service 1.0 - Decide how to schedule moving Transform Service 1.0 through the PWG SM Workgroup process to get the document finished. The Transform Service 1.0 needs use case and design requirements sections added. Typically a draft is developed and then everyone attending a bi-weekly teleconference gives input while the sections in question are reviewed page by page. Edits are collected and then a new draft is published. Once the document seems relatively stable and no further work is deemed appropriate by the SM Working Group a working group last call is issued. - Update: Discuss the Transform Service 1.0 specification on Monday, 22 Apr. 2013 SM WG meeting (Paul will be at the AFP consortium on 8 Apr. 2013).
9. Cloudmap 1.0 - Decide how to schedule moving Cloudmap 1.0 document through the PWG SM workgroup review process so that it can begin its approval process. Document is ready for a full review of the Microsoft section in a bi-weekly teleconference. - Update: Discuss the Cloudmap 1.0 specification on Monday, 25 Mar. 2013. (comment from Bill Wagner) - the last WD is dated Aug. 2012. We need an updated version posted if we need a review. Action Item: Paul Tykodi.
10. Joint meeting with AFP Consortium - Coordinate with AFP Consortium about a date to review the initial white paper. Paul Tykodi to upload the document to the White Paper folder in the MFD section of the FTP site. URL will be posted after the document is uploaded. Paul has not received any feedback from the AFP Consortium about reviewing the document since he sent them the idea to discuss on March 11th. - Update: The next AFP Consortium meeting will be held Apr 8-11, 2013; Paul Tykodi will be presenting an overview of PWG as well as SM on Apr. 11 (Boulder, CO), and how the SM helps in cloud printing. Paul will be presenting an initial version of the mapping document (IPDS and MO:DCA-P- PWG PJT). (comment from Bill Wagner) - I do not see the referred white paper. I am a little confused by the objective. Harry was chair of the PWG for many years and is fully familiar with the PWG. He might need some update on where the semantic model has gone, and we may need some help with the AFP protocols. But this does not seem to be a critical path item for the SM group.
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...