[MFD] Semantric Model V2

William A Wagner wamwagner at comcast.net
Fri Jun 28 01:46:24 UTC 2013

An updated draft of the SM V2 specification structure is posted at

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/mfd/wd/wd-pwgsemanticmodel20-20130624.pdf

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/mfd/wd/wd-pwgsemanticmodel20-20130624.docx

This reflects the changes suggested at the last SM conference call, as well
as an initial translation to the new PWG document format.  Some
consolidation of redundant information has been done.

The Rationale section can be reviewed for content. But perhaps the most
useful thing would be to get contributors to work on some sections.
Certainly, the Common Terms section could be wrapped up pretty well. Also,
the section on configuration should not have changed so much, and someone
could start checking the diagrams against the current schema. Oneve diagrams
are updated, the tables can be checked to ensure that they follow the
diagrams. Those who are more ambitious could would on other sections.

We do need the Schema to be fully updated and reflecting the current
concept. For example, the Copy Service is eliminated in favor of Copy being
a Print Service function.

So we have something to talk about Monday.

Thanks,

Bill Wagner

believed to be clean.