IEEE/ISTO – PWG/Semantic Model Working Group
July 1, 2013; 11:00 AM – 12:00 Noon PT.
Glen Petrie (Epson)
William Wagner (TIC)
Paul Tykodi (TCS)
Paul Henerlau (Sharp)
Rick Yardumian (Canon)
Daniel Manchala (Xerox)
Main points in reviewing the earliest drafts of the SM 2.0
1. Do we need to have a separate Copy Service? The reason to have a separate Copy Service is that there are hardware optimizations that take place in a copy job that are not available to print. Modeling copy as print requires intermediate image storage from the AddHardCopyDocument to the time the print job is scheduled. A copyjob does not suffer that sub-optimal image flow construct. Users are very familiar with copy and would be confused with a copy job showing up in a print queue. The normal use case for a copy job is the walk up user who is physically present on the device. A related issue is that lumping copy in with print diminishes the ability to monitor, manage and charge for copies. More over additional IPP FaxOut and EmailOut (scan elements / aspects) are presently adhoc and could be brought into a Copy Service.
2. The draft contains two types of table formats. The tables derived from the original Semantic Model have too small a font. However, all the information would fit in one row. The second format found in the Appendix has information placed in two rows but is available in larger font but would require substantial work in creating rows for the tables for the entire document. Bill will send out variations on the table format and give two weeks for the members to vote/settle on a particular table format that could be consistently used throughout the document.
3. New conventions from IPP-SIX to be included in Section 2.
4. In creating the draft document, Bill converted the content in the Copy Service into Print Service. Bill will verify that this conversion was accurate
5. Numbering: Instead of numbered items re-start with 1, these items continued their numbering from the previous sections. Some one needs to see how this can be automatically done (manual re-start numbering is possible but tedious)
6. Abstract Base Class for Imaging Service – Paul Tykodi volunteered to check if the figure is included in the browsable schema on the web page. If not, bring the diagram into the web page.
7. Paul to also verify if the diagrams in Section 5 – System Configuration match the diagrams on the browsable schema on the web pages of pwg.org.
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...