PMP> The Input Switching Group

Caruso,Angelo Angelo_Caruso at wb.xerox.com
Mon Jan 27 19:21:14 EST 1997

Bob,

I agree, there are too many objects. I think we both agree on the
 objects we need to keep (though I may have confused you with my

prtInputMediaLoadTimeout and
prtInputNextIndex.

And, we should remove prtInputAutoSwitch.

This will require that we wordsmith the descriptions for the objects we
 keep. The only issue I have left is that in my experience we would
 apply prtInputNextIndex first when the tray goes empty. Then, if it's
 value is zero, we would apply prtInputMediaLoadTimeout. According to
 the current description for the timeout it's the other way round --
 timeout first, then switch. This does not make sense to me.

I think we need people to respond with their implementation experience.
 Do most printers check to see if they should autoswitch first, then
 apply the timeout? Or do most printers timeout first, then decide if
 they should autoswitch?

Any other opinions?

Thanks,
Angelo