PMP> cover -v- interlock

Gail Songer Gail.Songer at eng.efi.com
Fri Mar 7 16:39:29 EST 1997

So I am trying to explain the common printer mib some native Japanese speakers.
 This experience is truely an eye opener; some of the phrases that we use to
describe the system don't translate well.

Currently I seem to have a problem with door and interlock and, unfortunately,
1759 does not define the terms.  Can anyone supply a good definition of the
terms?

My attempts:

A "door" is something that protects the mechanical insides of a device.

An "interlock" connects two components of a device or two devices.  An example
of an interlock is mechanical latch on an optional sorter that connects the
base printer with the sorter.

Gail

--

Gail Songer                                             Electronics For Imaging
gail.songer at eng.efi.com                                 2855 Campus Drive