PMP> PMP Draft Comments

Bill Wagner bwagner at digprod.com
Fri Apr 4 03:24:23 EST 1997

     I apologize for not providing comments sooner, but man and nature have
     conspired against this.

     Although I will be providing more comments later, I wish to observe
     that section 3. of the draft, Groups from other MIB Specifications,
     appears to have some of the revised text I had provided, but not the
     bulk of it. The result is inconsistent, among other things referring
     to a 3.4 that does not exist.

     I continue to believe that the relation of the printer MIB to the
     groups of the other referenced MIB's is inadequately defined. I will
     recover and resubmit the text I had proposed for inclusion in section
     3.

     Although I understand that it would be inconvenient to remove the
     references to MIB 2, I believe it must be clarified that the relation
     of the objects in the system group of MIB 2 to the printer is
     indeterminate in that the actual network interface may or may not be
     considered part of the printer. Each of the objects in the system
     group is, in effect, superseded by other objects in the HR NIB or the
     Printer MIB. Further, I think that some attempt should be made to
     dispel the confusion of the relation of the Interface group to printer
     interfaces (versus 'system interfaces').

     Bill Wagner, DPI