Bob Pentecost bpenteco at boi.hp.com
Thu May 1 12:43:06 EDT 1997

During the Tuesday phone conference, I offered some wording about a
particular alert condition that is non-critical yet the printer stops due
to an option being set in the printer. Here's the wording which can be
added to Chuck's table if desired.

"When a non-critical condition occurs, the printer may choose to stop
printing by going offline (e.g., when a toner low condition occurs, the
printer might stop to notify the user); in which case there would be two
alerts entered into the alert table, one for the error condition and one
for the offline condition. The offline condition is considered to be the
critical alert that is stopping printing. Putting the printer online
without fixing the error condition causes the offline alert to be removed
from the table, but the non-critical alert remains in the table until the
error condition is fixed."

Bob