Ron Bergman rbergma at dpc.com
Thu May 1 17:16:15 EDT 1997

Matt,

Thanks for the excellent description of SNMP traps.  It agrees 100%
with my understanding of this subject with respect to v1.  (As far
as v2 goes, I am only implementing v1.)

I have found the SNMP documents difficult to understand and it is
always nice to see and independent conclusion that supports my own.
I hope others in the group also find this document useful.

Does anyone disagree with Matt?

I also agree that RFC1759 does not need to be changed and I support
your recommendation to add this information to the FAQ.

	Ron Bergman
	Dataproducts Corp.