Bill Wagner bwagner at digprod.com
Mon May 5 10:36:11 EDT 1997

     Chris,

     My curiosity is particularly piqued by your comment

     "  At the moment, it appears that traps were used to lock a given
     printer into a given management application, and to lock out other
     printers.  This is referred to as "using SNMP to provide open,
     standard, proprietary solutions."   This is exactly the kind of thing
     we are trying to prove that we did not do. "

     That most certainly was not the intention of trap implementations done
     by DPI. Do you have some specific information on such a use?

     Bill Wagner, Osicom/DPI