JK Martin jkm at underscore.com
Thu May 8 13:40:11 EDT 1997

Gail,

> What did we decide to do with hrPrinterDetectedErrorState?  What should be set
> in this variable in this condition?
>
> Sometime ago we discussed removing the association between
> hrPrinterDetectedErrorState and hrDeviceStatus.  Are we reversing that
> decision?

When you say "in this condition", are you referring to the printer-stopping
case of "toner low"?  If so, then wouldn't the Host Resources MIB variables
be set to:

	hrDeviceStatus                down(5)
	hrPrinterStatus               other(1)
	hrPrinterDetectedErrorState   lowToner(1)

Or are you thinking of a different condition?

	...jay