Norio Iwamoto iwamoto at comg.ksp.fujixerox.co.jp
Thu Jul 3 01:03:17 EDT 1997

PWG members,

I am Norio Iwamoto working for Fuji Xerox in Japan.  The following is a
simple editorial comment about prtMarkerSuppliesColorantIndex.

The newest printer MIB draft says:

          prtMarkerSuppliesColorantIndex OBJECT-TYPE
              SYNTAX     Integer32 (0..65535)
              MAX-ACCESS read-only
              STATUS     current
              DESCRIPTION
                   "The value of prtMarkerColorantIndex corresponding to
                   the colorant with which this marker supply sub-unit is
                   associated.  This value shall be 0 if there is no
                   colorant table."
              ::= { prtMarkerSuppliesEntry 3 }

I think this DESCRIPTION should be modified, for example to:

                   "The value of prtMarkerColorantIndex corresponding to
                   the colorant with which this marker supply sub-unit is
                   associated.   This value shall be 0 if there is no
                   colorant table or if this supply does not depend on a
                   single specified colorant."

A typical example that does not depend on a single specified colorant is
'fuser' and 'wasteToner'.

I know this may be too late for the new Printer MIB, but please try to
consider it if possible.

Thanks in advance,

//Norio