FWD: PMP> Revised proposal on definition of OCTET STRING to

Caruso,Angelo Angelo_Caruso at wb.xerox.com
Tue Jul 22 09:59:40 EDT 1997

Tom,

I agree with you that documenting existing implementations is the right
 thing to do. Even though we didn't use the 8th bit in either of the
 implementations I have been involved with, I still think this change
 is a good idea.

To repeat your summary once again: This change allows implementors to
 conform to the RFC2130 recommendation of using UTF-8 as the default
 without breaking any existing implementations -- a compelling argument
 in my mind.

Thanks,
Angelo