Bill Wagner bwagner at digprod.com
Thu Jul 24 15:00:55 EDT 1997

     Tom,

     I assume you mean  from Display String to OCTET STRING.

     I also took Lloyd's request to just apply to  the specific question of
     prtGeneralPrinterName, seeking perhaps to get agreement on some
     peripheral items first. I agree with you Tom that the MIB is broken
     (chipped) here and it should be addressed.

     The Lexmark response suggests that UTF8 will not break their
     implementation. I suspect that the same is true for HP???

     Therefore, it would appear that David's suggestion may both bring the
     MIB in line with existing implementation while accommodating
     internationalization needs (although perhaps not in as flexible a way
     as some may desire). It appears to do this with minimum impact on the
     MIB.

     Bill Wagner, Osicom/DPI