PMP> Management app expecting UTF-8 question

Bill Wagner bwagner at digprod.com
Fri Jul 25 19:09:06 EDT 1997

     Bob,

     It would seem to me that, in the general case, a management
     application would have no idea what character set the  'misbehaving'
     printer agent supports, whether or not we decide to go with the UTF-8
     proposal. In a specific case where the management agent 'knows' that a
     particular printer will use PC-850 or whatever, it will know that in
     either case.

     Bill Wagner, Osicom/DPI