Harald.T.Alvestrand at uninett.no Harald.T.Alvestrand at uninett.no
Mon Aug 4 05:40:58 EDT 1997

This sounds interesting.....
questions three:

- is it now clear that a SINGLE variable defines the localizations for
  ALL localized strings within the Printer MIB?
- is it better to define "LocalizedString" as a Textual Convention
  rather than using OCTET STRING and having the localization in the
  description of the variable?
- I forgot what the third one was :-)

I think this is good, and since there is the variable, it *is*
possible to determine the charset in use, as per the AD's admonition.

If the group has consensus on this approach, I think I'll use it as an
example in my presentation on charset policy in the Thursday plenary....

                     Harald A
               back from holidays