PMP> HR MIB Status

lpyoung at lexmark.com lpyoung at lexmark.com
Wed Apr 21 13:43:43 EDT 1999

As a result of Chris and I pushing on the HR MIB, the Area Directors
have decided to move it to another area where it can receive more focus.
One of the new Area Directors is committed to make sure the HR MIB
receives the proper attention. Following is the new schedule for the HR MIB:

 Apr 1999  re-submit the Host MIB SMIv2 draft with one or two last
           revisions (for the printer folks)

 May 1999  finish/publish the Host MIB implementation report
           If we can do it by May 16th or so, then we might
           be able to finish before the next IETF in July.

 May/Jun 1999  IETF Last Call (4 weeks, because there was no formal
               WG to review the new document).

 July 1st      Let IESG decide in their IESG telechat.
               This is the last IESG telechat before the IETF.
               If we miss this one, then the next opportunity is
               July 29th.

At least now we have an Area Director personally involved and our
opportunity for success has increased.

Lloyd Young                       Lexmark International, Inc.
Senior Program Manager            Dept. C08L/Bldg. 035-3
Strategic Alliances               740 New Circle Road NW
internet: lpyoung at lexmark.com     Lexington, KY 40550
Phone: (606) 232-5150             Fax: (606) 232-6740