PMP> Lastest Host MIB v2smi draft

harryl at us.ibm.com harryl at us.ibm.com
Thu Apr 29 19:02:46 EDT 1999

The use of bits in no way changes the previous semantic conveyed by the use
of octet string... correct?

Harry Lewis
IBM Printing Systems
harryl at us.ibm.com

rdk at empiretech.com (Bobby Krupczak) on 04/28/99 02:42:05 PM

To:   mikek at iwl.com (Michael Kirkham)
cc:   rdk at empiretech.com, Harry Lewis/Boulder/IBM, lpyoung at lexmark.com,
      pmp at pwg.org, chrisw at iwl.com, WIJNEN at vnet.ibm.com
Subject:  Re: PMP> Lastest Host MIB v2smi draft

Hi!

>> I disagree.  Why should BITS not be imported?  It is a textual
>> convention defined in RFC1902.
>
>BITS is neither a textual convention, nor does RFC 1902 define any textual
>conventions.  Textual conventions are defined in RFC 1903.  Both RFC 1902
>and 1903 define BITS, but they are as [part of] the OBJECT-TYPE and
>TEXTUAL-CONVENTION macros:

You are correct.  I will remove it from the imports clause and keep
its use in the particular object using it.

Thanks,

Bobby