PMP> Printer MIB v2 changes

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Wed Mar 29 18:49:01 EST 2000

Hi Harry,                                      Wednesday (29 March 2000)

I searched my old email archives for pending Printer MIB v2 changes and
this is what I found (below).

You also brought up some new 'pull' print channel types but you got
generally shouted down (in my reading of the email) by Don Wright,
Dave Kellerman, and others - the rationale being that a user should
look at an LDAP/SLP directory entry OR look at the IPP Printer object
itself in order to learn additional info about supported features.

NOTE - In the PMP approved updates below:

a)  The 'chIPP' default for 'Version' should be changed to '1.1'
    (which is 'standards track' - IPP/1.0 is 'Experimental').

b)  The references for [IPP-MOD-11] and [IPP-PRO-11] are out-of-date
    (should be '-06' for Model and '-05' for Protocol).

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald, consulting architect at Sharp and Xerox
  High North Inc

PS - My current contact info (for Printer MIB contributors list):

Ira McDonald
High North Inc
221 Ridge Ave
Grand Marais, MI  49839

Phone: +1 906-494-2434 or +1 906-494-2697
Email: imcdonald at sharplabs.com