Mike Fenelon mfenelon at windows.microsoft.com
Thu Apr 21 12:59:10 EDT 2005

The intent of this object is to give a short, concise user-friendly name
of the port. It will be presented in the User Interface for and device
that advertises more than one port so the user can pick the correct port
for their connected printer. The whole intent was to differentiate
between multiple ports on a  device that could host multiple printers. I
am concerned we will start  degrading the user experience if we add a
whole bunch of ports for the same printer with slightly different names.

Mike Fenelon
Microsoft