PMP> MFP Alerts Questions

Stuart Rowley Stuart.Rowley at ktd-kyocera.com
Thu Jun 1 16:41:51 EDT 2006

Hi Ron,

I have a few questions about the MFP Alerts draft.

1. If there are no groups for scanDeviceCover or scanDeviceInput, why is
there a group for scanDeviceMediaPath?

2. If, for example, the scanner document feeder cover was open, then the
prtAlertTable entry would include prtAlertGroup = 6 (Cover), but then
the prtAlertGroupIndex should point to a cover in the prtCover table. So
now I have scan device covers implemented in the printer MIB, but other
scan device subunits in the MFP MIB?

3. In the examples in section 10.1.3 for the scanDeviceScanner group
there is Lamp Missing, subunitMissing(9) / subunitRemoved(26). What if I
have multiple subunits that could be missing? There is no way to tell
without using prtAlertGroupIndex to point to a table entry in the MFP
MIB?

Thanks,

Stuart

Stuart Rowley