Stuart Rowley Stuart.Rowley at ktd-kyocera.com
Fri Nov 17 15:26:42 EST 2006

Ron,

Thanks for posting the changes so quickly.

I am still a little concerned that the case of a subunit used by
multiple functions is not clear. We discussed the subunits that use the
print function and the fax function as being in the print function index
range, but what about the example of a cover open which means the scan
function is out and the (outbound) fax function is out, but the print
function is unaffected? What range would an implementation use in this
case?

Maybe we need 4 ranges:

1: affects print function alone or in combination with other functions
(does not break current implementations)

2: affects scan function exclusively

3: affects fax function exclusively

4: affects scan and fax function

Thanks,