Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 11:24:15 EDT 2007

Hi Pete,

Comments:

(1) RFC 2396 (in syntaxes) is obsoleted by RFC 3986.

(2) I suggest that instead of 'Address' (somewhat inaccurate), the
    keyword for WS-Print Service URL be 'ServiceURI' - consistent with
    other existing channels and with the PWG Port Monitor MIB.

(3) Syntax for DeviceUUID should be changed to
    'URI (Unicode UTF-8 per RFC 3986)'
    - consistent with other channels and RFC 4122 (your reference)
    - note that OCTET STRING is BINARY and illegal in human-readable
    prtChannelInfo object (which must be string parseable).

On 11/1/07, Zehler, Peter <Peter.Zehler at xerox.com> wrote:

> All,
>

> Here are the 4 changes that have been proposed.  I have updated the text in
> the included mail note below.
>
> 1) Change chWsPrint to chWSPrint
>
> 2) Change Keyword: Device UUID to Keyword: DeviceUUID
>
> 3) Make WS-Print Device ID optional
>
> 4) Make WS-Print Service ID optional
>

> The other question I have is what should be used for the value of
> prtChannelProtocolVersion?
>
> a)      "Web Services on Devices Printer, v1.0"
>
> b)
> "http://schemas.microsoft.com/windows/2006/08/wdp/print"
>
> c)      "WSPrint:
> http://schemas.microsoft.com/windows/2006/08/wdp/print"