PWG-ANNOUNCE> January Finisher Interface Meeting - Invitation

harryl at us.ibm.com harryl at us.ibm.com
Thu Dec 10 13:27:19 EST 1998

There will be a meeting, in conjunction with the Printer Working Group, on
Thursday, January 21, to try and kickoff a subgroup to develop a standard
interface for finishing. The target audience is in-line and networked
finishing operations in the general office, distributed and quick print
markets. Topics such as Insertion (LMO) and large press operations are
considered out of scope for this project.

Driven mainly by initiatives from Duplo USA, and resulting from the
interest derived from the PWG Finisher MIB for managing the configuration
of finishers, the PWG has casually discussed the topic of a standard
Printer-Finisher interface at several previous meetings. The January
meeting is an attempt to solicit broader participation from the Finishing
industry and to try and define the scope, charter and likelihood of this
potential work effort and also to determine if the PWG is the appropriate
consortium to host this topic.

My apologies for the late notice. Due to the expected large turnout,
arranging extra space and time on the agenda was took some time.

You must make your reservations by DECEMBER 18 (to obtain the group rate at
the Marriott) and you must e-mail lstein at fapo.com by then indicating your
intent, and the number of days you will attend the PWG. You are free to
make separate accommodations at any nearby hotel if it suits your needs
better. You will still be charged a daily meeting charge to share the cost
of the meeting accommodations.

I am originating this invitation because I was Chairman of the Finishing
MIB working group from which this interest stemmed. I do not necessarily
anticipate taking a leadership role if the new committee forms... we will
be looking for volunteers to manage future meetings, guide the group,
create and edit the specifications etc... so think about it!

Here are the details...

Maui Marriott on Kaanapali Beach
Meeting dates: Jan 18-22
Rooms reserved from Jan 16 - 25
Rate: $159.00 plus tax
Group name: PWG, Printer Working Group, Warp Nine
Phone: 1-800-763-1333 or 1-808-667-1200
Deadline: December 18, 1998
Meeting charge: $30-$40

See http://www.pwg.org/chair/maui99.html for additional details. If you
cannot
make the January meeting but anticipate attending a future meeting, please
express your interest to me.

Harry Lewis - IBM Printing Systems
harryl at us.ibm.com