PWG-ANNOUNCE> Future work of the PWG

Richard Shockey rshockey at ix.netcom.com
Thu Aug 19 17:54:50 EDT 1999

> > Do you have any siggestions on how to leverage technology to make this
> workable
> > without suppressing the discussion?
>
>No, not really.  Although video conferencing sure would be nice...

Maybe this is a silly idea but how about one of those Internet Chat like
systems. A member of the on site team would be designated as NetScribe
Moderator to post the current discussion thread on line and then relay
questions from logged in users.  You'd need a fast typist and the moderator
would need nothing more than a dial up Net Connection.

The advantage of this system is that the participants on site would not be
directly disturbed by folks cutting by voice in but could post questions
and follow a abbreviated meeting agenda.

I really dont know much about the software involved but essentially you go
to a web site,  log in some sort of Java client app thing is loaded up and
you see the scrolling threads.You can post messages to the moderator who
can then control the threads. I've recently participated in a couple of
these moderated chat sessions and it sort of works.

Richard Shockey
Shockey Consulting LLC
8045 Big Bend Blvd. Suite 110
St. Louis, MO 63119
Voice 314.918.9020
eFAX Fax to EMail 815.333.1237 (Preferred for Fax)
INTERNET Mail & IFAX : rshockey at ix.netcom.com
GSTN Fax 314.918.9015
MediaGate iPost VoiceMail and Fax 800.260.4464