PWG-ANNOUNCE> Future work of the PWG

harryl at us.ibm.com harryl at us.ibm.com
Fri Aug 20 13:17:36 EDT 1999

Jay, I wouldn't necessarily consider P1394 as the appropriate sub-group. I think
I know what you are getting at... that some sub-group of the PWG might form to
focus on printing from mobile, handheld, "pervasive" clients. But I think the
transports are as likely to include wireless LANs as hot plug serial ports.
Maybe P1394 will "morph" into such a group as their work winds down. To be sure,
there is high likelihood that a large portion of the P1394 group will also be
interested in this "hip clip client" model.

Harry Lewis
IBM Printing Systems
harryl at us.ibm.com

Jay Martin <jkm at underscore.com> on 08/19/99 02:14:38 PM