PWG-ANNOUNCE> Election of New Officers

Harry Lewis harryl at us.ibm.com
Wed Sep 5 00:59:56 EDT 2001

As incoming Chairman of the PWG, I would like to thank Don his consistent,
strong leadership. Don has been a positive influence on the creation of
printing standards for more than a decade - beyond the formal creation of
the Printer Working Group.  Under Don's recent tenure we grew the PWG into
a more  effective, formally chartered organization of the IEEE ISTO.

The needs of our industry are ever changing. As the new Chairman I plan to
help keep the PWG focused and engaged in areas where the industry can
benefit most from standardization and interoperability.

I would also like to thank Shivaun for volunteering to run for PWG Chair.
There really is no "win" or "loose" with these positions, only "service",
and I hope that Shivaun will continue to share her enthusiasm and track
record for excellent contributions and project leadership.

Let me welcome Lee and Bill as incoming Vice Chair and Secretary and thank
them, as well, for sustained contribution in the past.

Soon, we will be updating the PWG web site with information about the new
officers as well as plans for the upcoming October meeting in Texas.
Harry Lewis
Chairman - Printer Working Group
IBM Printing Systems

don at lexmark.com