PWG-ANNOUNCE> RE: WBMM> summary of the minutes

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Sat Jun 14 13:38:08 EDT 2003

Hi Bill,

I agree with you that periodic reports should _not_ be lumped with
alerts/events.

However, Tom Hastings and I have talked about this a bit and we suggest
that the existing IPP/Semantic Model Subscription object (for subscribing
to one or more Notifications destined for ONE target per subscription)
could easily be extended with a few new attributes, for example:

notify-reports (1setOf (keyword | name))
- list of standardized (keyword) or vendor/site-specific (name)
  periodic reports requested

notify-reports-periods (1setOf (keyword | name))
- list of standardized (keyword) or vendor/site-specific (name)
  notification periods (e.g., "daily", "weekly", etc.) for reports

notify-reports-date-time (dateTime)
- exact time of the SINGLE desired report(s) notification for this
  subscription

Then a new separate schema could be used for interoperably defining
the CONTENT (attributes and objects) in a given named "report",
which would nicely support vendor-specific extensions.

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald
  High North Inc