PWG-ANNOUNCE> FW: Enforcement of Updated IPR Boilerplate

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Mon Apr 4 16:21:18 EDT 2005

Hi,

See below - after 6 May 2005, the Internet-Drafts Editor will
no longer publish any I-D without the full verbatim IPR text
now required by RFC 3978 (March 2005).  This text MUST NOT be
amended or have appendages.  It's draconian, IMHO, but it
certainly cures the problem of vendors attempting after the
fact to enforce patents applicable to implementation of IETF
protocols.

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434