The Semantic Model working group has started work on the Transform Service. As part of this effort, we wish to assemble a list of potential transforms that may be offered by a MFD or a supporting (Cloud) service provider.
For example, we have discussed the following transforms already:
1. Simple file conversion, for example MS Word to PDF
2. Rendering, for example PDF to PWG Raster
3. OCR, for example taking scanned images and generating a searchable PDF
4. Image processing, for example removing red eye from photos
5. Variable Data printing, for example generating a PDF for check printing
Please send example transforms to the MFD mailing list (mfd <at> pwg <dot> org) with the subject "Transform: your transform name". Be as detailed as necessary, but short blurbs are welcome as well.
The goal is to have as many examples of transforms as possible so that we can support them with the Transform Service. And while we are not planning on supporting workflow or compound transforms in the Transform Service, it would be useful to have some of those situations to verify that they can be decomposed into "atomic" transform jobs or operations - this will support workflow client applications that use the Transform Service.
Michael Sweet, Senior Printing System Engineer, PWG Chair
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...