<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">You have a short time to rebook but
longer to fly, right? Recommend rescheduling for Provo in October. That
is more certain time/loc than next meeting. </font>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Has anyone challenged AA on the rebook
period? They appear to me much tighter than other airlines (2-3 months
to rebook, 1 year to fly). </font>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">If we really need to settle next meeting
in 3 days, this will be tough.</font>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">----------------------------------------------
Harry Lewis <br>
IBM Printing Systems <br>
---------------------------------------------- </font>
<table width=100%>
<tr valign=top>
<td><font size=1 face="sans-serif"><b>&quot;Wagner,William&quot; &lt;;</b></font>
<br><font size=1 face="sans-serif">Sent by:</font>
<p><font size=1 face="sans-serif">03/26/2003 07:58 AM</font>
<td><font size=1 face="Arial">&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; </font>
<br><font size=1 face="sans-serif">&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; To:
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Harry Lewis/Boulder/IBM@IBMUS, &lt;;</font>
<br><font size=1 face="sans-serif">&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; cc:
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Claudia Alimpich/Boulder/IBM@IBMUS,
<br><font size=1 face="sans-serif">&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Subject:
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;RE: PWG-ANNOUNCE&gt; URGENT - WASHINGTON
D.C. MEETING CANCELED</font></table>
<br><font size=2 color=blue face="Arial">Harry,</font>
<br><font size=3>&nbsp;</font>
<br><font size=2 color=blue face="Arial">American Airlines will allow &nbsp;the
ticket price to be applied to a rescheduled flight (or presumably a reservation
for &nbsp;a different flight), provided that this rescheduling is done
prior to the end of the originally scheduled departure date. Your &nbsp;message
&nbsp;indicated that the entire PWG schedule is changed. Is there any chance
that the PWG will have the new meeting schedule sufficiently firm by 29
Mar so that the flight to a new meeting can be scheduled? (100% confidence
is not expected...80% or so would be sufficient)</font>
<br><font size=3>&nbsp;</font>
<br><font size=2 color=blue face="Arial">Thanks.</font>
<br><font size=3>&nbsp;</font>
<br><font size=2 color=blue face="Arial">Bill Wagner</font>
<br><font size=2 face="Tahoma">-----Original Message-----<b><br>
From:</b> Harry Lewis []<b><br>
Sent:</b> Tuesday, March 25, 2003 6:25 PM<b><br>
Cc:</b> Claudia Alimpich;<b><br>
Importance:</b> High<br>
<br><font size=2><tt><br>
Dear PWG Colleague,</tt></font><font size=3> <br>
</font><font size=2><tt><br>
The start of military action in Iraq, and heightened terrorist alert status
in the U.S., has forced some of our member companies to change their travel
policies, restricting travel. Although other company‚Äôs travel policies
remain unchanged, travel at this time is viewed as tenuous by many of our
regularly attending members. This has resulted in a substantial reduction
in attendance for the Washington D.C. meeting from what was originally
planned. </tt></font><font size=3><br>
</font><font size=2><tt><br>
In many cases, working group chairpersons, editors and key contributors
have had to de-commit which has resulted in cancellation of entire working
group meetings. The reduction in numbers and key personnel is disruptive
enough to the agenda that the Printer Working Group, along with FSG and
CIP4 have decided to cancel the meetings that were to be held at the Wyndham
Washington D.C. on March 31-April 4, 2003.</tt></font><font size=3> <br>
</font><font size=2><tt><br>
To compensate for this sudden change in plans we will attempt the following</tt></font><font size=3>
</font><font size=2><tt><br>
1. We will try to arrange phone bridges so that anticipated work efforts
may still be accomplished via teleconference (WG chairs to coordinate with
PWG chair and ISTO)</tt></font><font size=3> </font><font size=2><tt><br>
2. We will reschedule our July meeting to occur earlier (May/June) and
likely in an easy access west coast U.S. location (ex. Seattle, San Jose
etc.). <br>
3. We will attempt confluence of PWG, FSG and CIP4 such as would have occurred
in D.C. if at all possible</tt></font><font size=3> </font><font size=2><tt><br>
4. We will rearrange our remaining 2003 venue by moving October from NYC
to Provo (Novell hosting) and December from Provo to (likely) Vegas. </tt></font><font size=3><br>
</font><font size=2><tt><br>
Most airlines are handling travel cancelations at this time by allowing
passengers to reschedule w/o penalty within a specific time frame (ex.
with Frontier it is May 1) and complete travel by year end. Check with
your airline. </tt></font><font size=3><br>
</font><font size=2><tt><br>
You are responsible for canceling your own hotel reservations!</tt></font><font size=3>
</font><font size=2><tt><br>
For those of you who have registered with the ISTO for the D.C. meetings,
your credit card will &quot;NOT&quot; be charged any fees by the IEEE for
this meeting. &nbsp;If you do see a charge please notify Ami Patel right
away. Please see her contact information below:</tt></font><font size=3>
</font><font size=2><tt><br>
Ami Patel</tt></font><font size=3> </font><font size=2><tt><br></tt></font><font size=3> </font><font size=2><tt><br>
Phone: +1 732 465 6477</tt></font><font size=3> </font><font size=2><tt><br>
Fax: +1 732 981 9473</tt></font><font size=3> <br>
</font><font size=2><tt><br>
If anyone has any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact
either myself or Ami.</tt></font><font size=3> <br>
</font><font size=2><tt><br>
With Kindest Regards,</tt></font><font size=3> <br>
</font><font size=2><tt><br>
Harry Lewis</tt></font><font size=3> </font><font size=2><tt><br>
IBM</tt></font><font size=3> </font><font size=2><tt><br>
PWG Chairman</tt></font><font size=3> </font><font size=2 face="sans-serif"><br>
---------------------------------------------- <br>
Harry Lewis <br>
IBM Printing Systems <br>
---------------------------------------------- </font>